What to expect
Before your Treatment
- Please drink some water so you are hydrated and if possible have a snack 2-4 hours before your appointment
- Wear loose fitting clothing: It’s helpful if pants are loose enough to easily be pulled up past the knee. Feel free to bring a change of pants to the office change into if that is more convenient for you. I am also happy to drape you or provide a patient gown if you need to remove tight clothing when you arrive for your treatment.
- Please come prepared to pay for your treatment with cash, debit, or any major credit card. If you have insurance benefits I gladly will provide you with a receipt for you to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
- Complete your NEW PATIENT paperwork online! When you book your first appointment, you will automatically be sent paperwork that needs to be filled out and completed at least 24 hours before your first appointment. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
- Plan accordingly to be on time for your appointment out of respect for yourself, everyone at the office, and all of patients being served that day.
- Your initial appointment is approximately 80-90 minutes. Subsequent appointments are 50-60 mins.
During your session:
- New Patient Intake: At your first appointment I will go through your intake paperwork and ask you detailed information about your health concerns, heath history, current symptoms, lifestyle, and diet.
- An Assessment/Physical will likely take place if applicable. For example I may check your blood pressure, pulse, look at your tongue, or palpate specific areas of the body.
- Acupuncture: It is normal to feel slightly anxious for your first ever acupuncture experience but there is nothing to fear. Insertion of needles is likely painless, and any discomfort is momentary. Needles may be retained for 15-40 mins. This is an opportunity for your body to relax and possibly even take a nap :). I may include energy healing, moxibustion, acupressure, reflexology, or other modalities as applicable.
- Feel Free to ask any questions at any time during your appointment.
- Recommendations of Herbs or Supplements: If we recommend any herbs or supplements as part of your healing protocol, you will receive a follow up email shortly after your session with suggestions for where to purchase, dosages, and any other applicable information. *Please note that we are not associated with any herbal or supplement distributors.
- Schedule your Next Appointment and Payment: Payment is due at the time of service. You will be recommended a specific treatment protocol. It’s recommended to follow this guidance to ensure you have the best results possible.
After your Treatment:
It’s best to take it easy and hydrate after your treatments. Strenuous physical exercise should be avoided for a couple of hours after as well. It is perfectly normal to feel any of the following after your treatment.
- If you feel Relaxed or “Spacey” it’s best to wait a little bit before you drive home.
- Energized: an amazing burst of energy due of the movement of Vital Qi!
- Sore: it’s possible you might experience temporary soreness at the site of needle insertion or in muscles post-treatment. This should subside within 24 hours.
- If you have any questions about your treatment protocol, please contact me to gain clarity about what to expect!
I encourage you to read my entire website to gain more of an understanding of how I can help you transform your life. It is my greatest honor to serve you in this special way. Please download and read my FREE E-Book “Reaching your Greatest Health Potential” before your first appointment with me. Looking forward to meeting you!
If for some reason you can not keep your appointment, you must let us know at least 24 hours in advance and we will be happy to reschedule you. For any missed or canceled appointments with less than 24 hours notice, you will be billed the cost of the appointment. Thanks for your understanding.